Almond Streusel-Cherry Cheesecake Bars
Cookie Base and Topping
- 1 pouch (1 lb 1.5 oz) Betty Crocker® sugar cookie mix
- 1/4 cup cold butter or margarine
- 4 oz (half of 8-oz package) cream cheese
- 1/2 cup sliced almonds
- 2 1/2 packages (8 oz each) cream cheese (20 oz), softened
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 2 tablespoons Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon almond extract
- 2 eggs
- 1 can (21 oz) cherry pie filling
- Heat oven to 350°F.
- Spray bottom and sides of 13x9-inch pan with cooking spray.
- Place cookie mix in large bowl.
- Cut in butter and 4 oz cream cheese, using pastry blender or fork, until mixture is crumbly.
- Reserve 1 1/2 cups mixture for topping.
- Press remaining mixture in bottom of pan.
- Bake 12 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in large bowl, beat 20 oz cream cheese, the sugar, flour, almond extract and eggs with electric mixer on medium speed until smooth.
- Spread cream cheese mixture evenly over partially baked cookie base.
- Spoon pie filling evenly over cream cheese mixture.
- Sprinkle with reserved topping and almonds.
- Bake 40 to 45 minutes or until light golden brown.
- Cool 30 minutes.
- Refrigerate about 2 hours or until chilled.
- For bars, cut into 6 rows by 4 rows.
- Store covered in refrigerator.
From Betty Crocker