Chicken And Pasta Soup (Slow Cooker)
- 3 cans (10 1/2 ounces each) condensed chicken broth
- 1 cup water
- 2 cups diced cooked chicken
- 1 can (14.5 ounces) diced tomatoes with juice
- 1 cup chopped onion
- 1/2 cup diced celery
- 1/2 teaspoon dried leaf basil
- 1 teaspoon dried parsley flakes
- dash garlic powder
- 1/2 cup ditali or other small pasta shapes, about 2 to 3 ounces
- 1 cup frozen peas and carrots, thawed, or use mixed vegetables
- In a 5 to 7-quart slow cooker, combine the chicken broth, water, cooked chicken, tomatoes, onion, celery, basil, parsley, and garlic powder.
- Cover and cook on LOW for 5 to 7 hours, or until the vegetables are tender.
- Cook the pasta in boiling salted water as directed on the package
- Add the frozen vegetables about 1 minute before the pasta is done, then drain.
- Add the cooked pasta and vegetables to the slow cooker.
- Cover and continue cooking on LOW for 30 to 60 minutes.
- Slightly bland
- Goes great with cornbread
From Southern Food