Chocolate Chip Cookies: The Chewy (Gluten Free)
- 8 ounces unsalted butter
- 11 ounces brown rice flour, approximately 2 cups
- 1 1/4 ounces cornstarch, approximately 1/4 cup
- 1/2-ounce tapioca flour, approximately 2 tablespoons
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 2 ounces sugar, approximately 1/4 cup
- 10 ounces light brown sugar, approximately 1 1/4 cups
- 1 whole egg
- 1 egg yolk
- 2 tablespoons whole milk
- 1 1/2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 12 ounces semisweet chocolate chips
- Preheat the oven to 375 degrees F.
- Melt the butter in a heavy-bottom medium saucepan over low heat. Once melted, pour into the bowl of a stand mixer.
- In a medium bowl, sift together the rice flour, cornstarch, tapioca flour, xantham gum, salt and baking soda. Set aside.
- Add both of the sugars to the bowl with the butter and using the paddle attachment, cream together on medium speed for 1 minute.
- Add the whole egg, egg yolk, milk and vanilla extract and mix until well combined.
- Slowly incorporate the flour mixture until thoroughly combined.
- Add the chocolate chips and stir to combine.
- Chill the dough in the refrigerator until firm, approximately 1 hour.
- Shape the dough into 2-ounce balls and place on parchment-lined baking sheets, 6 cookies per sheet.
- Bake for 14 minutes, rotating the pans after 7 minutes for even baking.
- Remove from the oven and cool the cookies on the pans for 2 minutes.
- Move the cookies to a wire rack and cool completely.
- Store cooked cookies in an airtight container.
From Food Network