Cranberry Orange Quickbread
- 2 cups all-purpose flour, plus extra for loaf pan
- 3/4 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup brown sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 stick cold butter, cut into pea size pieces, plus extra for loaf pan
- 1 orange, zested
- 3/4 cup fresh orange juice
- 1 orange, peeled, sections removed and diced
- 1 egg
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- In a food processor combine the flour, sugars, salt, baking soda and butter.
- Pulse, pulse, pulse until the mixture resembles finely grated cheese.
- Add the orange zest, juice and the egg.
- Pulse, pulse, pulse until the mixture is just combined.
- Remove to a bowl and stir in the diced orange and cranberries.
- Grease and flour a 9x5 loaf pan and add the batter.
- Bake for 1 hour and 15 minutes; rotate the pan halfway through the cooking time to insure even cooking.
- When done let cool for about 20 minutes and remove from loaf pan.
- Let cool completely before cutting.
From Food Network