Eggnog Pound Cake
- 1 cup sugar
- 1/2 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 2 tablespoons rum or 2 teaspoons rum extract
- 1 teaspoon vanilla
- 5 egg yolks
- 1 3/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 3/4 teaspoon salt
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 3/4 cup milk
- Heat oven to 350F.
- Grease and flour loaf pan, 9x5x3 inches.
- Beat sugar, butter, rum, vanilla and egg yolks in large bowl with electric mixer on low speed 30 seconds, scraping bowl constantly.
- Beat on high speed 5 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Beat in flour, baking powder, salt and nutmeg alternately with milk on low speed.
- Pour into pan.
- Bake 50 to 60 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove from pan.
- Cool completely on wire rack.
- Store covered at room temperature up to 2 days.
From Betty Crocker