Gluten Free Cherry Walnut Oatmeal Cookies
- 1/2 cup brown rice flour
- 1/2 cup sweet rice flour
- 1/4 cup tapioca flour
- 1/2 cup potato starch
- 1 teaspoon cinnamon
- 1 teaspoon ground ginger
- 1/2 teaspoon ground all spice
- 1 teaspoon xanthan gum
- 1/2 teaspoon baking soda
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup (2 sticks) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2/3 cup packed light brown sugar
- 2/3 cup sugar
- 1 large egg
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 3 cups gluten free oats
- 1 cup dried cherries
- 1 cup chopped walnuts or pecans
- Preheat oven to 375.
- Line 2 baking sheets with parchment paper.
- In a medium bowl, combined the brown rice flour, sweet rice flour, tapioca flour, potato starch, cinnamon, nutmeg, ginger, allspice, xanthan gum, baking soda, and salt.
- Stir to fully combine.
- Using an electric mixer on medium speed, cream together the butter and sugars.
- Then beat in the egg and vanilla.
- Gradually add the dry ingredients to make a thick dough, stir in the oats, cherries and nuts just until combined.
- Drop 1/4 cup full mounds onto the lined pans.
- Bake for 10-12 minutes (they will seem a little under done).
- Let cool on the pan for 5 more minutes (they cook a bit more here).
- Transfer to wire racks and let cool completely.
From The Kitchn