Italian Sausage Bake
- 1 2/3 cups water
- 1 pkg (6 oz) Stove Top Savory Herb Stuffing Mix
- 1 1/2 lbs Italian Sausage, cut into 2 inch thick slices
- 1 large green pepper, sliced
- 1 large red pepper, sliced
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 can (15 oz) tomato sauce
- Medium mixing bowl
- Large skillet
- 13x9 baking dish
Preheat oven to 400F
In medium mixing bowl, add hot water to stuffing mix, stir until just moistened. Set aside.
Cook and stir sausage in large skillet on medium-high heat until no longer pink in center, then drain.
Add peppers and onions. Cook until vegetables are crisp-tender, stirring occasionally.
Spoon into 13x9 baking dish.
Cover with tomato sauce and the prepared stuffing.
Bake 25 minutes or until heated through.