Key Lime Cupcakes
- 1 box (4-serving size) vanilla instant pudding and pie filling mix
- 1 1/2 cups whipping cream
- 1/4 cup Key lime or regular lime juice
- 4 drops green food color
- 1 1/2 cups powdered sugar
- 48 regular-size paper baking cups
- 1 box Betty Crocker® SuperMoist® yellow cake mix
- Water, vegetable oil and eggs called for on cake mix box
- 1 container Betty Crocker® Whipped fluffy white frosting
- 1 tablespoon Key lime or regular lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon grated Key lime or regular lime peel
- In large bowl, beat pudding mix and whipping cream with wire whisk 2 minutes.
- Let stand 3 minutes.
- Beat in 1/4 cup Key lime juice and the food color; stir in powdered sugar until smooth.
- Cover and refrigerate.
- Heat oven to 375°F (350°F for dark or nonstick pans).
- Place paper baking cup in each of 24 regular-size muffin cups.
- Make cake batter as directed on box.
- Spoon about 1 rounded tablespoonful batter into each muffin cup, using about half of the batter. (Muffin cups will be about 1/3 full.)
- Refrigerate remaining batter.
- Bake 12 to 16 minutes or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Remove from pan to cooling rack.
- Repeat with remaining baking cups and batter.
- Cool cupcakes completely, about 15 minutes.
- Remove paper baking cups from cupcakes.
- Swirl about 2 teaspoons topping on top of each cupcake.
- Stir frosting in container 20 times.
- Gently stir in 1 tablespoon Key lime juice and the lime peel.
- Spoon frosting into 1-quart resealable food-storage plastic bag.
- Cut 1/2-inch opening from bottom corner of bag.
- Squeeze 1 rounded teaspoonful frosting from bag onto topping.
- Garnish with fresh lime wedge, if desired. Store in refrigerator.
From Betty Crocker