Key Lime Pound Cake
- 1 cup butter, softened
- 1/2 cup shortening
- 3 cups sugar
- 6 large eggs
- 3 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 teaspoon baking powder
- 1/8 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup milk
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon lime zest
- 1/4 cup fresh Key lime juice
- Key Lime Glaze
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 2 tablespoons fresh Key lime juice
- 1/2 teaspoon vanilla extract
- Preheat oven to 325°.
- Beat butter and shortening at medium speed with a heavy-duty electric stand mixer until creamy.
- Gradually add sugar, beating at medium speed until light and fluffy.
- Add eggs, 1 at a time, beating just until blended after each addition.
- Stir together flour, baking powder, and salt.
- Add to butter mixture alternately with milk, beginning and ending with flour mixture.
- Beat at low speed just until blended after each addition.
- Stir in vanilla, lime zest, and lime juice.
- Pour batter into a greased and floured 10-inch (12-cup) tube pan.
- Bake at 325° for 1 hour and 15 minutes to 1 hour and 20 minutes or until a long wooden pick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Cool in pan on a wire rack 10 to 15 minutes; remove from pan to wire rack.
- Whisk together powdered sugar, fresh Key lime juice, and vanilla until smooth.
- Immediately brush over top and sides of cake.
- Cool completely (about 1 hour).