Slow Cooker Pumpkin-Apple Dessert
- 1 can (21 ounces) apple pie filling
- 2 cups Gold Medal® all-purpose flour
- 1 1/4 cups packed brown sugar
- 1 cup canned pumpkin (not pumpkin pie mix)
- 3/4 cup fat-free cholesterol-free egg product (Egg Beaters)
- 1/3 cup vegetable oil
- 2 teaspoons baking powder
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 1/2 teaspoon ground nutmeg
- 1/4 teaspoon baking soda
- Ice cream, if desired
- Spray 3 1/2- to 6-quart slow cooker with cooking spray.
- Spoon pie filling into cooker; spread evenly.
- Beat remaining ingredients except ice cream with electric mixer on low speed 1 minute, scraping bowl constantly. Beat on medium speed 2 minutes, scraping bowl occasionally.
- Pour batter over pie filling.
- Cover and cook on High heat setting 1 hour 30 minutes to 2 hours or until toothpick inserted in center comes out clean.
- Serve with ice cream.
- This recipe was tested in slow cookers with heating elements in the side and bottom of the cooker, not in cookers that stand only on a heated base. For slow cookers with just a heated base, follow the manufacturer’s directions for layering ingredients and choosing a temperature.
- Took closer to 2:30 in my 6qt cooker.
From Betty Crocker