- 1 1/4 cups all-purpose flour
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1 tablespoon baking powder
- 1/4 teaspoon salt
- 2 cups Ready-To-Eat Cereal All-Bran® Original
- 1 1/4 cups fat-free milk
- 1 egg
- 1/4 cup vegetable oil
- Preheat oven to 400° F
- Stir together flour, sugar, baking powder and salt. Set aside.
- In large mixing bowl, combine KELLOGG'S ALL-BRAN cereal and milk.
- Let stand about 2 minutes or until cereal softens.
- Add egg and oil; beat well.
- Add flour mixture, stirring only until combined.
- Portion evenly into twelve 2 1/2-inch muffin pan cups coated with cooking spray.
- Bake about 20 minutes or until golden brown. Serve warm.
VARIATION: For muffins with reduced calories, fat and cholesterol, use 2 tablespoons sugar, 2 tablespoons oil and substitute 2 egg whites for 1 egg.
VARIATION: For muffins with reduced fat and cholesterol, substitute 2 egg whites for 1 egg and 1/4 cup sweetened applesauce (or 2 oz. jar bananas baby food) for 1/4 cup vegetable oil. (Muffin texture may vary slightly from The Original All-Bran Muffins recipe.)