Alton Brown's Roasted Peanuts
- 2 pounds in-shell raw Spanish peanuts
- 2 tablespoons peanut oil
- 1 to 2 tablespoons kosher salt
- Preheat the oven to 350F degrees.
- Rinse the peanuts under cool water to remove excess dirt.
- Pat dry and place in a large bowl and toss with the peanut oil and salt until well coated.
- Place on 2 half sheet pans, making sure to spread them out into a single layer.
- Roast in the oven for 30 to 35 minutes, rotating the pans halfway through cooking.
- Remove shells and discard.
- Remove the skin by rubbing the peanuts together in your hands held over a salad spinner, allowing the peanuts and skins to fall into the bowl. Once the skin has been loosened from all of the peanuts close the salad spinner and spin until all of the skin has been separated from the peanuts.
From Food Network