Apple Kuchen Coffee Cake
- 1/2 cup sugar
- 1/3 cup butter or margarine, softened
- 1 egg
- 2 cups Original Bisquick® mix
- 1/2 cup vanilla yogurt
- 1 egg
- 1 large cooking apple, peeled and thinly sliced (1 1/2 cups)
- 1/4 cup sugar
- 1/4 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 9 x 1.5 round pan, or
- 9 x 2 springform pan
- Heat oven to 350ºF.
- Grease bottom and side of with shortening.
- In medium bowl, beat 1/2 cup sugar, the butter and egg with electric mixer on low speed about 30 seconds or until smooth.
- Beat in Bisquick. Spread over bottom and 1 inch up side of pan.
- In small bowl, mix yogurt and egg until smooth.
- Stir in apple; spoon over batter in pan.
- Mix 1/4 cup sugar and the cinnamon; sprinkle over apple mixture.
- Bake 45 to 50 minutes or until center is set and crust is deep golden brown.
- Cool 10 minutes; remove side of pan. Serve warm.
From Betty Crocker