- 1 cup granulated sugar
- 8 tablespoons (1 stick) unsalted butter, room temperature
- 2 large eggs
- 3 ripe bananas
- 1/4 cup applesauce (optional)
- 1 tablespoon milk
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1 teaspoon baking powder
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon salt
- Preheat the oven to 325 degrees F.
- Spray a 9 x 5 x 3 inch loaf pan with Bakers Joy.
- Cream the sugar and butter in a large mixing bowl until light and fluffy.
- Add the eggs one at a time, beating well after each addition.
- Using a food processor, puree the bananas, milk, cinnamon and applesauce (if used).
- In another bowl, mix together the flour, baking powder, baking soda and salt.
- Add the banana mixture to the creamed mixture and stir until combined.
- Add dry ingredients, mixing just until flour disappears.
- Pour batter into prepared pan and bake 1 hour to 1 hour 10 minutes, until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
- Set aside to cool on a rack for 15 minutes.
- Remove bread from pan, invert onto rack and cool completely before slicing.
- Spread slices with honey or serve with ice cream.
- Set oven to 340F
- Cook for 1 hour
From Food Network