Black Pepper Crusted Filet Mignon
- 4 (8-ounce) filet mignon
- 1 tablespoon canola oil
- 1 teaspoon kosher salt
- 4 teaspoons coarsely ground black pepper
- 8 ounces fresh goat cheese, cut into 4 slices
- Cilantro leaves, for garnish
- Heat grill to high.
- Brush the filets with the oil and season both sides of each filet with the salt and 1 side of each filet with the black pepper.
- Place the steaks on the grill, pepper side down and grill until lightly charred and crusty, 2 to 3 minutes.
- Turn the steaks over, and grill for 2 to 3 minutes longer for medium-rare.
- Turn the steaks, once more so that the pepper side is facing up and top each filet with a slice of the cheese.
- Close the cover and grill until the cheese begins to melt slightly, about 1 minute.
- Remove the steaks from the grill, let rest for 5 minutes.
- Top each filet with the roasted red pepper-ancho salsa.
- Garnish with cilantro leaves, before serving.