- 6 ounces unsalted butter
- 2 ounces shortening
- 1 large egg
- 16 ounces confectioners sugar
- 1 tbsp vanilla extract
- Allow ingredients to come to room temperature.
- Mix buffer and shortening together until smooth (3 to 4 minutes on high).
- Add in egg.
- Slowly add confectioners sugar.
- Add vanilla.
- Beat another 3 minutes on high.
From Food Network
People that have had this icing like it, but I don't care for it. It's not the recipe, but buttercreme icing in general. With the shortening in it, it gives it a greasy feel that I don't like.