- 1 pound carrots, cut into 2 inch pieces
- 2 tablespoons butter, diced
- 1/4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch ground black pepper
- Place carrots in a pot of salted water.
- Bring water to a boil, reduce heat to a high simmer and cook about 20 to 30 minutes. Do not cook the carrots to a mushy stage!
- Drain the carrots, reduce the heat to its lowest possible setting and return the carrots to the pan.
- Stir in butter, brown sugar, salt and pepper.
- Cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, until sugar is bubbly.
- Serve hot!