- 1 head romaine or 4 little butter lettuces
- 2 large gherkins, diced
- 1 to 2 tablespoons capers
- 2 to 3 tablespoons chopped parsley leaves, to garnish
- 2 teaspoons gherkin brine
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1/2 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- Slice the lettuce into 1/2-inch slices across and put into a bowl. Add the diced gherkins and capers.
- Combine the dressing ingredients, whisking together, and then pour over the salad tossing it to mix.
- Arrange on a couple of plates and sprinkle over the parsley.