Chicken Cordon Bleu
- 4 skinless, boneless chicken breast
- 4 slices Swiss or Provolone cheese
- 4 thin sliced smoked ham
- 1/4 cup all-purpose flour
- 1 egg; beaten
- 1 cup Italian seasoned bread crumbs
- 4 tablespoons butter
- 1/2 cup chicken broth
- 1 cup whipping cream
- Preheat oven to 350° F
- Pound chicken breast to ¼-inch thickness.
- Sprinkle each piece on both sides with salt and pepper.
- Place 1 cheese slice and 1 ham slice on each breast.
- Roll up each breast, using toothpicks to secure if necessary.
- Dredge each in flour, shake off excess, then in egg and finally in bread crumbs.
- Place seam side down in baking dish that has been sprayed with Pam.
- Place 1 tablespoon butter on each piece of chicken.
- Bake for 35 minutes until juices run clear.
- Meanwhile, in a saucepan, combine broth and whipping cream
- Season to taste (salt, pepper, garlic, oregano).
- Simmer on low stirring until thickened; Pour over chicken.