Creamy Caramel Glaze
- 3/4 cup granulated sugar
- 3 tablespoons water
- 1/3 cup heavy cream
- 2 tablespoons unsalted butter
- In a medium saucepan, cook 3/4 cup granulated sugar and 3 tablespoons water over low heat
- Stir occasionally until the sugar is dissolved and the liquid is clear.
- Increase the heat to medium-high and cook without stirring until the sugar begins to turn golden brown on the edges.
- Gently swirl the pan over the heat to even out the color and cook until the sugar turns medium golden amber, about 3 to 5 minutes.
- Slide the pan from the heat and add 1/3 cup heavy cream and 2 tablespoons unsalted butter.
- Whisk until well-blended and smooth.
- Return to medium-high heat and boil, without stirring, until it is reduced to about 2/3 cup, about 1 to 2 more minutes.
- Set aside until the caramel is cooled but still pourable, about 15 minutes