Fettuccine With Fennel And Spicy Sausage
- 8 oz uncooked fettuccine
- 1/2 lb bulk spicy Italian pork sausage
- 2 tablespoons olive or vegetable oil
- 1 medium sweet onion, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium fennel bulb, cut into thin wedges
- 1 medium yellow or red bell pepper, cut into thin strips
- 2 cloves garlic, finely chopped
- 1 can (28 oz) Muir Glen® organic crushed tomatoes with basil, undrained
- 1/2 cup shredded fresh Parmesan cheese
- Cook and drain pasta as directed on box. Return to saucepan; keep warm.
- Meanwhile, in 12-inch skillet, cook sausage over medium heat, stirring frequently, until no longer pink. Drain; remove sausage from skillet.
- In same skillet, heat oil over medium heat. Cook onion, fennel, bell pepper and garlic in oil 3 to 4 minutes, stirring constantly, until vegetables are crisp-tender.
- Add tomatoes and cooked sausage to vegetables. Heat to boiling. Reduce heat; simmer about 10 minutes, stirring occasionally, until slightly thickened. Stir in pasta; heat until hot.
- Sprinkle individual servings with cheese.
From Betty Crocker